A paternity case is a legal proceeding brought to establish a legal father. 

Visit our Forms and Form & Form Kits page to view and download forms related to divorce proceedings. Forms are available for cases where paternity has and has not been established, for voluntary paternity, and for parenting time visitation. 

Frequently Asked Questions 

I need to get the father of my child's name on the birth certificate. What do I do?

You can file a Voluntary Paternity action with the Superior Court. Both parents have to be in agreement and Mom cannot have been married at the time she gave birth or during the ten months preceding the birth of her child. The forms are available at the Clerk's Office. You can pick up the forms, fill them out and file them at the front counter. The Deputy Clerk at the counter will sign the Order Establishing Paternity at the time of filing.

I need to establish paternity, but the mother/father is deceased. What do I do?

We do not have any information regarding how to establish paternity when one of the parents is deceased. If you are unable to do this on your own you will need to contact an Attorney for assistance in establishing paternity.

I have established paternity. I need to establish an Order for Child Support, Legal Decision Making, etc. What do I do?

There are forms and instructions available on this website or you may visit the front counter of the Clerk's Office. You may also want to contact the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Arizona Attorney General's Office