Current Employment Opportunities
Internal / External Announcement
The following positions are open to the public and current employees
|Official Court Reporter||Superior Court - Kingman, AZ||View|
|Deputy Probation Officer I||Probation- As assigned in Mohave County||View|
|Juvenile Detention Officer I- High School Diploma/GED||Probation- Kingman, AZ||View|
|Youth Care Worker I||Probation- Kingman, AZ||View|
|Human Resources Technician Sr.||Superior Court - Kingman, AZ||View|
|Human Resources Manager||Superior Court - Kingman, AZ||View|
|Judicial Assistant||Superior Court - Kingman, AZ||View|
|Court Security Assistant||Superior Court - Kingman, AZ||View|
IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ
Thank you for your interest in employment with Mohave County Superior Court. Please read and follow the below instructions.
Do you desire a position where you make a difference in people's lives and serve justice? If so, the place to find that dream job is with the Mohave County Superior Court and Probation. Mohave County has 1200 miles of coastline, 300+ days of sunshine and a low cost of living. Explore all that Mohave County has to offer.
- Submitting an application: Applications are created online through our applicant tracking system, NEOGOV. After clicking on the “Apply” link, you will create a profile. This profile may be used to submit additional applications. Your application is not forwarded to Superior Court Human Resources until the “Submit” button has been pressed. Note: You cannot make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience. Beginning with your current or most recent employer (including volunteer experience), list your employers for the last 10 years of employment. List jobs held prior to 10 years ago if they relate to the position you are applying for.
- Provide complete contact information and accurate addresses of former employers. If you have had more than one position with the same employer, please list each position separately.
- Resumes are considered supplemental information only, failure to complete the entire online application will likely result in the disqualification of your application.
- Ensure the information provided in your application matches the information provided with other documents you submit with your application (i.e., cover letter, resume, etc.).
- Applications will be rejected if incomplete. You may be disqualified for any false statement or for omitting information.
Probation Supplemental Packet:
If you are applying for any position with the Mohave County Probation Department, including Juvenile Detention, the Probation Department Supplemental Application Packet must be completed and submitted to the Superior Court Human Resources Office by close of the job posting or for open continuous positions within two weeks from submitting your application. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. You may either mail or submit the packet to:
Superior Court Human Resources
415 Spring St.
Kingman, AZ 86401
Veteran Preference Points:
Click Here for Employment Preference Points Information / Claim Form
- Applicants who fail to submit all required information will not be considered for employment.
- All applications are accepted on a tentative basis subject to later review of your employment history.
- If you do not meet the necessary requirements or your work history is not acceptable, you will not be considered for employment.
- OPEN CONTINUOUS and OPEN UNTIL FILLED positions may be filled at any time and therefore issuance or acceptance of an application shall not be construed as incurring an obligation by the Superior Court of Mohave County.
Testing of applicants:
Certain positions require testing, including but not limited to:
- Computer based skills testing through the OPAC (Office Proficiency Assessment Certification)
- Written Examination
- Oral Board Interview
- Performance Test
- Credit Checks
- Polygraph, Psychological, and Honesty Tests
If you have a physical, mental or learning disability which may affect your ability to take the test for which you are applying, please contact a representative of the Superior Court Human Resources Office. Special testing accommodations may be arranged if verification of the disability is provided by a doctor, rehabilitation counselor, or other authority. You will be contacted to make specific arrangements. Under provision of Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, this information is obtained only to arrange accommodations.
Consideration of Applications:
Applications are screened against defined job-related criteria and the top applicants are certified to the hiring department for further consideration in the selection process in accordance with Mohave County Superior Court Judicial Merit System Rules.
Individuals selected for a position in the Superior Court system will be officially extended an offer of employment by a representative of the Superior Court Human Resources Office. As a condition of employment, prospective employees will be required to:
- Provide at their own expense, documents establishing identity and employment eligibility;
- Sign a loyalty oath; and
- Undergo a fingerprint check and criminal background investigation, at Court expense.
- Additionally, applicants for officer and/or safety sensitive positions must satisfactorily complete a drug/alcohol screen performed by the designated medical provider, and other testing as may be required (polygraph, psychological, credit check, etc.)
- Individuals hired for positions requiring the operation of a Court/County and/or personal vehicle on official business must possess and maintain a current valid Arizona Driver's License and will be required to provide, at their own expense, a satisfactory three-year driving history record. Employees may be required to undergo competency testing, medical evaluation including drug/alcohol screening, credit check, polygraph, psychological, driving history checks, and/or background investigations as a continuing condition of employment.
The Mohave County Superior Court System prohibits discrimination in sex, age, national origin, race, color, religion, genetic information, disability, political or veteran's status. As an equal employment affirmative action employer, the Mohave County Superior Court System recognizes the responsibility to extend equal opportunity to all persons.
It is the responsibility of an applicant with a disability requiring accommodation in the selection process to contact the Superior Court Human Resources Office at (928) 718-4928 or TDD# (928) 753-0726. With prior notice to the Superior Court Human Resources Office regarding application or testing modifications, the Superior Court will make every attempt to offer reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Applicants have rights under Employment Laws:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)-Arizona
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Paid Sick Leave & Expanded FMLA
- E-Verify: Participation English/Spanish
- Right to Work: English Spanish
Contact Mohave County Superior Court Human Resources
- Phone: 928-718-4928
- Mail: 415 Spring Street, Kingman, AZ. 86401
- Fax: (928) 753-8908
- TDD: (928) 753-0726